Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Don't blame me, I voted for my poodle.

I really should update this thing (although no one besides myself reads this). In case anyone else is reading this, here's a quick update on my life:

1. I got my first real job at a Dunkin' Donuts (seriously the worst job ever)
2. I'm starting my senior year of high school in 2 weeks and I will be 18 in 4 months and it freaks me out more than anything.
3. I have a social life now which was inconceivable when I first started this blog.

So anyway, this summer I have become obsessed with three things. The first, the greatest reality show ever,
Who Wants to be a Superhero (I think the title explains it all). Never has a reality show been so fake yet so unapologetic about it and it's freaking awesome. I first got into last summer when the SciFi channel aired a marathon of the first season before the finale. Only Bravo reality shows and America's Next Top Model have had the same effect on me. So of course I was extremely excited for the second season (which my brother refused to try out for despite my constant encouragement) and I have not been disappointed so far (except for the almost total lack of eye candy). I was rooting for Basura (because she was smokin' especially in her civilian clothes) before she got the boot last week and now I am all for Hyperstrike (who makes me question my sexuality). So um, watch it. You won't regret it. It's on Thursdays at 9.
Hyperstrike and Basura

My second obsession of this summer has been the video game Bully. I know it's been out for almost a year but I didn't get around to buying it until a week ago and man am I pissed at myself for waiting so long. I never thought there would be a video game that I would spend more time playing than Guitar Hero but I was terribly mistaken. The story is amazing, the game play is amazing, and the ability to make the player you control (a teenage boy) make out with other boys is pretty freaking amazing. I'm not gonna get into what the game is about but trust me, go play it. You will not be disappointed.

Jimmy Hopkins, the main character

Um, I know I wrote before that I had a third obsession this summer but I kinda forgot what it was while I was writing about my other two obsessions. If it comes back to me I guess I might write about it if I don't forget about this blog again.

So I guess that's it for now. Hopefully I'll start updating this again and people will actually read it again.
web page hit counter